Immerse yourself in nature as you walk the wooden pathway through the Francis Beidler Forest and search for local wildlife among the lush, verdant landscape.
• Journey to the Francis Beidler Forest, the world's largest virgin cypress-tupelo swamp forest, located in the heart of Four Holes Swamp.
• Stroll the one-and-three-quarter-mile boardwalk with your naturalist through the swamp, with its diverse plant life and abundant wildlife.
• See groves of giant bald cypress, tupelo gum, laurel oak, and water ash.
• Keep an eye out for any of the 44 species of mammals, 140 species of birds, 39 species of fish, 50 species of reptiles, and 40 species of amphibians that make this forest their home.
What to Bring:
• Local currency
• Credit cards
What to Wear:
• Long pants
• Non-slip shoes
• Bottled water is included.
• This tour does require some walking; however, the boardwalk at the Francis Beidler Forest is wheelchair accessible, and wheelchairs can be brought onto the bus.
• Guests can limit their walking to their comfort level.