Sharpen your culinary skills as you join a seasoned chef in Chequers Kitchen for a two and a half hour, hands-on cooking lesson and multi-course tasting experience that showcases East Kent's local seasonal produce and delectable dishes. Enter Chequers Kitchen, a purpose-built, fully equipped teaching space where pro chefs lend their expertise in baking, cooking and preparing delicious plates of food. Catering to all levels, your head chef will first deliver an informative demonstration and then you'll strap on an apron and take to your work space. Listen along and follow the easy steps in using fresh ingredients found in the region of Kent and creative recipes that bring out authentic British flavors. You'll then take a seat at the table and savor a family-style lunch of a handful of dishes prepared by the chef throughout the class. Plus enjoy a complimentary glass of wine, beer or soda to pair with your meal. Head back to the ship with a deeper understanding of Britain's incredible flavors and culinary legacy.
• Chequers Kitchen: Watch a professional chef conduct an insightful demonstration on the art of preparing and cooking British cuisine.
• Cookery School: Get hands-on in the kitchen while learning to create tried-and-true recipes using local seasonal ingredients and expert techniques.
• East Kent cuisine: Relax and indulge in a family-style meal featuring a handful of tasty dishes made by the chef.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over flat surfaces, with inclines and a few steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Guests with dietary restrictions must provide 48-hour notice so restaurant can include suitable alternatives.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• The drive between port and kitchen is approximately 45 minutes each way.
• The menu may differ on each occasion due to seasonal produce.