Travel to Nerja and experience one of Europe's most amazing underground spectacles - a vast natural cathedral of massive, multi-colored stalactites and stalagmites formed over millions of years. Walk in the footsteps of Stone-Age Europeans who lived in the Caves 25,000 years ago, passing flower-shaped crystal clusters, towering columns and pillars - and the glass-encased skeleton of one former resident. Enjoy a scenic coastal ride from Malaga and about an hour to explore the town of Nerja.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Caves of Nerja: Marvel at glittering, flower-shaped crystal clusters and majestic, multi-colored stalactites and stalagmites.
• Cave Structures: Admire the Cataclysm Chamber column, Hall of the Nativity, Hall of the Tusk, and Hall of the Cascade.
• Malaga to Nerja: Enjoy views of the Mediterranean, coastal villages and a 19th-century aqueduct built in the ancient Roman style.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes with non-slip soles
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges must not select this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one mile over narrow, uneven surfaces, with uphill grades and more than 100 steps.
• Guests will have approximately 45 minutes to view the caves and, time permitting, approximately one hour free time in Nerja.