Delight in the charm and beauty of the traditional Mykonos village of Ano Mera, followed by a visit to a farm to savor some delicious Greek snacks and learn about the island’s organic culture.
• Drive through the heart of the island to visit the village of Ano Mera, stopping at the Monastery of Panagia Tourliani, which was built by monks in 1542 and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary, and taking photos of its spectacular marble bell tower.
• From the picturesque square, follow your guide for a short walk through the village until you reach a local farm.
• Meet the farm’s superintendent and learn about the history of the farm and how it operate, then sip raki and taste a traditional farmer’s snack of bread, tomatoes, kopanisti, cucumbers, and olives.
What to Bring:
• Local currency
What to Wear:
• Non-slip shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over varying terrain for approximately one hour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Snacks and drinks are included at the farm.
• Monastery will be viewed from outside.
• Alcohol may be available. Please drink responsibly.