Experience the highlights of Melbourne's city sprawl, plus explore the tree-lined pathways and flowered topiaries of Fitzroy Gardens with the convenience of a coach transfer to the Melbourne Airport for your flight. Your four-hour adventure begins with sightseeing from a comfortable, air-conditioned bus. Enjoy a passing glimpse of Melbourne, the coastal capital of Victoria, while listening along to commentary about its thriving arts scene, world-class dining offerings, and eclectic Aussie culture. Admire the grand architecture of the Princess Theatre, the country's oldest continuous entertainment site, before driving along Melbourne Park, where iconic sports events take place. The Melbourne Cricket Ground's stadium hosted the 1956 Summer Olympics, while the local Arts Centre is the largest performing arts venue in Australia. You'll then be dropped off amid the greenery of Fitzroy Gardens, a 64-acre expanse dating 150 years. Wander pathways canopied by English elms and Bunya Bunya pines, passing peaceful ponds and brightly-hued flowerbeds. Admire the Fairies Tree's intricate carvings and the Scarred Tree's bark, which was used by aboriginal people to build canoes. You can also discover the model Tudor Village, take a photo of Captain Cook's Cottage, and a host of other native Australian plants before relaxing on the ride to the Melbourne Airport to catch your flight out of town.
• Melbourne: Learn about this buzzing capital city on a narrated drive past its grand theaters, public parks, and sports stadiums.
• Fitzroy Gardens: Dating back 150 years, this impressive green space houses native plants, colorful blooms, a model village and more.
• Melbourne Airport: Experience Australia's city scenes and spectacular nature, complete with a transfer to the airport for your flight.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Weather appropriate clothing
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 4 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This tour is accessible to guests with limited mobility; however, guests must be able to climb into the coach and take a few, small steps on their own.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests are not permitted to stay on the bus during the garden visit.
• Entrance into Cook Cottage is not included with tour
• Guests may encounter tour delays and loss of time due to heavy traffic in the area. This is beyond the control of the local agent and/or Royal Caribbean International.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• This tour available only to guests with flights departing from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport after 2:30 p.m. (domestic or 3:30 p.m. (international) on the last day of the cruise.
• All guests must debark ship, claim their luggage, proceed through customs and then place luggage in bins under the coach.
• There are no porters at the airport, therefore guests will be required to handle luggage from coach to check-in.
• Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.