Discover Marseille's vibrant, multi-cultural history and rich maritime heritage, on this wheelchair-accessible tour of the city's highlights. On a visit to Notre Dame de la Garde, the imposing Neo-Byzantine basilica overlooking the city, see offerings left by sailors seeking divine protection. At Longchamp Palace, marvel at the Italianate exterior and stunning fountains and gardens. Then take in the sights of colorful, historic harbor Vieux Port, which is Marseille's heart and soul.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Notre Dame de La Garde: Visit this Neo-Byzantine basilica overlooking Marseille and see offerings left by sailors seeking protection.
• Longchamp Palace: Gaze at the stunning exterior of this 19th-century Italianate landmark, featuring lavish fountains and manicured gardens.
• Vieux Port: Admire colorful boats at dock and magnificent views of the city, at Marseille's historic old harbor.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Tour is designed for guests who are full-time wheelchair users.
• Space permitting: we will try to accommodate guests with walking difficulties, or those unable to handle steps or extended periods of walking or standing.
• The vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs.
• In order to use the ramp and/or lift, guests must be seated in a wheelchair or scooter.
• Due to liability issues, participants cannot stand on the ramp to be lifted into the vehicle. Tour must be booked in advance of the cruise in order to secure equipment and departure time.
• Guests interested in this tour must contact, in advance, the Shore Excursion Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to review availability and departure times.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the Shore Excursions Department at email@example.com with the total dimensions (height, length, and width) and weight of the electric scooter or wheelchair at the time of booking.
• Use of a motorized scooter is not guaranteed on this excursion.
• Shops are closed on Sundays and bank holidays.