Get an up-close look into Balinese life, art, and architecture as you visit batik galleries, the magical Pura Kehen temple, and an authentic village, followed by a tasty Indonesian lunch.
• Begin your adventure with a visit to Tohpati, the center of Balinese hand weaving and handmade batik prints.
• Browse around the batik galleries for souvenirs, gifts, and fine Balinese crafts.
• Next, stop at Pura Kehen, a temple constructed in the 13th century that is known for its unusual elephant sculptures and is guarded by a mythical dragon.
• See firsthand how life was more than a century ago at the Penglipuran Balinese village – which is essentially unchanged.
• Indulge in a sumptuous buffet lunch at a local restaurant overlooking stunning rice fields.
• Lastly, stop at Klungkung Kerthagosa – a building designed and built in 1710 by the best artisans in the country – and explore the beautiful Bale Kambang (floating pavilion) and the Kertagosa (Royal Court of Justice) with elaborate ceiling murals.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass and ID
• Local currency
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• An Indonesian buffet lunch is included.
• Mineral water or soft drink is included.