Discover the extraordinary natural wonders of the Azores, when you take a scenic drive to Sete Cidades and see two magnificent lakes-one blue and one green-nestled in the vast crater of an extinct volcano. At the renowned Antonio Borges Botanical Garden, see the impressive collection of European and tropical tree and plant varieties. Then visit a pineapple plantation in Abelheira to learn about how these sweet fruits are cultivated and harvested.
• Sete Cidades: Gaze at two lakes-one blue and one green-nestled within the crater of an extinct volcano.
• Antonio Borges Botanical Garden: Explore gardens overflowing with a great variety of European and tropical trees and vegetation.
• Pineapple Plantation: Discover how these tropical fruits are cultivated and harvested in Abelheira.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Light clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles over varied surfaces and climb 5-10 stairs.
• Due to weather changes, fog could impact the visibility of the sites or surroundings.
• Guests visiting this location do so at their own risk. Please note that this tour location includes inherent and natural dangers that should be appreciated before agreeing to participate in the excursion. The remote location of this tour is not in close proximity to any emergency and/or support infrastructure. Make certain you are aware of these risks before purchase.