Take a panoramic drive around Athens, before immersing in the grandeur of the Acropolis. Board a comfortable coach for a narrated tour that covers a long list of both ancient and modern splendors. At the Acropolis, climb the winding pathway and approximately 100 steps that lead to the top of the legendary hill for a tour of the Propylaea Entrance, the Erechtheum, the Temple of Wingless Victory, and the incomparable Parthenon.
• Panoramic Athens: Ride past major sights in Athens, including Hadrian's Arch, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Panathenaic Stadium.
• Acropolis: Travel the winding path of ancient Greeks to see ruins of sacred sites dedicated to gods and goddesses.
• Parthenon: Explore the temple dedicated to Athena, the ultimate architectural and spiritual achievement of Greece's Golden Age.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• This tour will be conducted in Italian.
• This tour is not recommended for guests with pre-existing medical conditions such as cardiac, respiratory or orthopedic conditions, including joint injuries or disease, or any other serious medical condition. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving water based activities. Guests should consider their swimming ability when selecting tours involving water based activities.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over steep inclines, approximately 200 steps and uneven surfaces.
• Acropolis occasionally closes for security under crowded conditions. Some wait time may occur. Large bags, backpacks and oversized purses not permitted inside Acropolis. Ongoing restorations are frequently in progress at ruins.
• Time permitting; guests will have approximately 15 minutes free time for shopping at Acropolis.
• Optional drop-off at Melina Mercouri Statue in Athens' Constitution Square at end of tour.
• Guests who choose optional drop off will make their own way back to ship, at their own expense. Tour sequence may vary.