Start by meeting your guide and accessible van to set out on a comfortable drive to the impressive Acropolis of Athens, a monument to ancient Greek civilization that is recognized around the globe and has been dubbed a UNESCO World Heritage site. Escorted by your tour guide, you will explore the most accessible routes of this fascinating site, and you'll also have a unique opportunity to get to the very top of the Acropolis via a special elevator (available to one wheelchair user and one companion at a time.) From there, be awed by spectacular views of the Parthenon, Propylaea and Erechtheion, all vestiges of long-ago Greek civilization. Your tour continues to the impressive Museum of Acropolis. Here, you'll explore the archeological artifacts found at the Acropolis and immerse yourself into the fascinating history that goes along with them. Your guide will provide a narrated tour through the most significant parts of this 150,000-square-foot exhibition space.
• Explore the breathtaking Acropolis of Athens, a UNESCO World Heritage site and landmark known the world over.
• Gaze at the Parthenon, Propylaea, and Erechtheion from your perch atop the Acropolis.
• Browse the fascinating Acropolis Museum exhibitions.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Wheelchair users must be able to self-propel or have a companion to push them.
• The price includes vehicle, tour guide, and entrance tickets.
• As the number of accessible vehicles is extremely limited, guests are encouraged to reserve early. A minimum is required for the tour to operate.
• Combined weight of mobility equipment and guest using it must not exceed 600 pounds; wheelchair cannot be wider than 31 inches wide, longer than 40 inches long and more than 4.2 feet high when in the vehicle.
• Guests wishing to utilize a wheelchair (manual or electric) on this excursion must provide the total dimensions (weight, height, length and width) of the mobility equipment at the time of booking by sending an email to email@example.com
• Electric wheelchair users and mobility scooter users must be able to transfer to a manual wheelchair to use the special elevator at the Acropolis. The manual wheelchair will be provided for free during your visit.
• The elevator at the Acropolis is only available to wheelchair users + one companion at a time. Other guests must use the stairs to get to the top.
• Wheelchair and guest together must weigh less than 600 pounds.
• Chair must be not more than 31 inches wide, 40 inches long, and 4.2 feet high inside vehicle.