Travel through vineyards, lava streams and pine trees to discover La Palma’s volcano San Antonio, Fuencaliente village and culture. Enjoy a scenic drive through La Palma’s wine-producing region, Fuencaliente, to experience the volcano San Antonio and walk along the crater border with views of volcano Teneguía. Visit a local wine cellar with a chance to taste and purchase unusually flavored wines. See the collection of reproduced traditional Benahorite pottery in the “El Molino” pottery center.
• Fuencaliente: Experience the famous wine-producing region.
• San Antonio Volcano: Take a guided walk along the volcano crater rim and also view the Teneguía volcano.
• Shop and Sip: Shop at a local wine cellar and Mazo’s old mill pottery center.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Light clothing
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests should consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk about a half-mile over uneven, gravel and dirt terrain with inclines and steps.
• Crater walk is over rough terrain; and it is recommended that guests follow guide’s instructions and not venture too close to the edge of the trail since there are no handrails or barriers.
• Tour is not recommended for guests who suffer from vertigo
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages.