Bring your camera to capture the charm of Mykonos during this breezy island discovery. Depart from the port for the island's southern sights. Stop for photos at chic and stylish Agios Ioannis and Ornos Beaches, then head for the inland village of Ano Mera to visit the 16th century Panagia Tourliani Monastery. Arrive at the peaceful town square for a Greek appetizer and a taste of ouzo, a delightful way to celebrate a wonderful journey. Finalize your experience with a walking tour of Mykonos town where you will be given the option of either returning to the ship or staying to further explore on your own.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Panagia Tourliani Monastery: Visit an ornate treasure house of post-Byzantine icons with an impressive marble bell tower.
• Ano Mera: Stop in the wide sparkling square for a Greek appetizer and taste of ouzo, the anise-flavored aperitif.
• Mykonos Coast: Impress friends and family with social media-worthy pictures of cosmopolitan beaches at Ag Ioannis and Ornos.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Conservative attire
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed-toe shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-fourth mile over various surfaces with a few steps at monastery and Ano Mera Square.
• No cameras or video equipment permitted inside monastery and chapel.
• No exposed shoulders or knees in monastery.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Additional round trip walk of one-half mile between tender station and coach park may be required when vessel is at anchor.
• Expect cooler weather by end of September.
• Many shops close in mid-October.
• Tour sequence may vary.