Time travel to the Golden Age of Greece on a panoramic odyssey along the Athens Riviera and the Temple of Poseidon. Aboard your comfortable coach, view picture-perfect landscapes, mountainous territory and a sharply indented coastline fringed with beautiful beaches. Soon you will head south to Cape Sounion, where still-standing marble columns of the ancient Temple of Poseidon punctuate a dazzling seascape. This magnificent 5th century BC temple overlooking the Aegean Sea offers breath taking views of classical Greece along with unmatched scenery. Follow the rocky path to the remaining columns of dazzling white marble and see where Lord Byron, who visited the temple in 1810, carved his name on one of the pillars.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Athens Riviera: Enjoy a picture-perfect panoramic drive along one of the most beautiful scenic routes in the world.
• Temple of Poseidon: Follow a rocky path toward lustrous white columns at the sanctuary of the sea god, Poseidon.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash (Euros) /credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
• Ongoing restorations are frequently in progress at ruins.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Group travel to certain archaeological sites and museums must follow local protocols on vaccinations or negative testing. Guests must present proof of vaccination; negative antigen test within 48 hours; or negative PCR test within 72 hours of arrival on this tour. Please have this available to present on site for all guests in your party. If not available, please see our shore excursion staff onboard for accommodations.